Green (or natural) burial emphasizes simplicity and environmental sustainability. The body is neither cremated nor prepared with chemicals such as embalming fluids. It is simply placed in a biodegradable coffin or shroud and interred without a concrete burial vault. The grave site is allowed to return to nature.
Green Cemeteries in Texas:
- Eloise Woods Natural Burial Park - near Austin
- Countryside Memorial Park - near San Antonio
- Mountain Creek Cemetery - Grand Prairie
"Hybrid" Cemeteries in the DFW metroplex - A traditional retail cemetery with space for green burial:
- Mount Olivet Cemetery - Fort Worth.
- Skyvue Memorial Gardens Funeral Home & Cemetery - Mansfield.
The Funeral Consumers Alliance of North Texas wants to establish a green burial park in the DFW area.
If you are interested in helping with this project, please contact us.